Safety & Sustainability Impacts of an AI / Lidar System with Austin Wilson of Velodyne
May 23, 2022
Austin Wilson, Velodyne Director of Intelligent Infrastructure discusses, safety, sustainability Lidar, intelligent infrastructure & Vision Zero, including:
- What is Lidar?
- What is Vision Zero?
- What challenges do you see in the intelligent transportation market (VZ/safety or otherwise) that LIDAR uniquely addresses?
- How does Lidar surmount those obstacles?
- What is Velodyne’s Intelligent Infrastructure Solution and the technology behind it?
- What benefits does Velodyne’s IIS offer?
- Can you share any details on city partners that are actively utilizing the solution to improve traffic safety and achieve Vision Zero goals?
- What kinds of technology competes with lidar-enabled infrastructure?
- What are the challenges within the industry that you see for these existing technologies that lidar solves?
- Can you discuss how traffic safety is often "reactive" rather than "proactive" and how Velodyne Lidar is a "proactive" solution?
- Pedestrian fatalities continue to rise, despite an increase in technologies meant to protect them. Can you tell us how Velodyne’s IIS can be utilized to improve safety for vulnerable road users?
- What do you see in the future for Lidar in general and Velodyne in particular
Would you like to be a guest on The Smart City Podcast?
If you have an intriguing, thought provoking topic you'd like to discuss on our podcast, please contact our host Jim Frazer
View all The Smart City Podcast episodes here: https://thesmartcitypodcast.buzzsprout.com/